Sunday 11 March 2012

My Employability & Advertising Myself

For this project I have also looked into how to advertise myself through websites and videos streaming sites. Below you can see a link to my Blog where I can show work I have been doing in my own time as well as link to my projects from uni and even commercial or film projects that I have worked on. This is a great way I feel I can catalogue my skills as I can show how I develop my work as well as things I learn whilst creating them.

http://oliverkane.blogspot.com/

Below are some images on my Blog:




Below is my Showreel, this is a great way to send a brief look at some of my work. I have tried to show a range of work to advertising different abilities to model using different softwares or techniques.




I have used my blog and showreel as a way to advertise my work and my abilities. I feel this is important as it it gives potential employers a chance to see what I can do! I feel that when I leave RAvensbourne I will be a at a level and have the experience to work as a modeller in the film or commercial industry.

What I have learnt!
Apart from having a youtube channel, facebook page and a blog. I  have learnt that magazines are also a very strong tool for getting noticed. I want to try get myself in a magazine. I have been looking at the 3D world magazine as a possible goal as it publishes peoples work and does pages on students. Here is the link to their site: http://www.3dworldmag.com/

I have also as mentioned early planned to enter myself into the student of the year competition and see if I can try win one of the categories.  Even if I don't win I will still get my work noticed and might lead to other possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment