Friday 16 March 2012

Personal Reflection


During this project we have established our films market (introduction-for-professional-skills post & Marketing Plan) and how we plan to advertise our film through the use of social media links and video streaming sites like youtube. (Marketing Plan Blog). Through this I have shown how I can use this to advertise my self as an individual by having external links to my blogs as well as having a brief bio about myself on the films website and Facebook page. Through research I was able to see that these websites and social media forums are really beneficial and easy to update and improve on. (Marketing Plan: How Others have done it post).

For the Degree show I have invited several big names at Framestore and Cinesite, two examples are Diamid Harrison Murray who is the Head of 3D Commercials at Framestore and Scott Eaton who is known for being one of the best 3D sculptures in the world. I have also got Ellie Emes wanting to come and she is going to be a big bonus for people who want to get work as a Runner at Framestore.

This project and the whole project has been all scheduled using Facebook and Google Calendar. These have been a great way to plan deadlines for work as well as weekly meetings via skype or in person! When it came to the degree show I have mentioned how as a Group we plan to advertise our film. Also how I plan to advertise myself at the degree show, through images and videos of my work as well as entering into competitions. Also at the beginning I posted an individual contract that shows a plan for the rest of the project and keys dates we want to meet so we leave enough time for tweaking things! This follows along with the Google calendar as all the dates are on there are followed by a meeting to critique and move onto the next task.

This project has given me a chance to look at how to sell an idea or film as well as advertising myself professionally and effectively through a wide range of websites and links. I plan to develop my own website before the degree show but the blog is something I feel really shows my developmental progress when creating my work.

It has shown me that however good you are at what you do, if you don't advertise yourself or use all the tools such as facebook and youtube and work in magazines. This is something I plan to do more and enter in asmany competitions as I can and send my work out to magazines to see if I can get published. 

Finally, I believe that from this project is a start to bigger things. We are working well as a team, we are sustain a organised project, we are on time for completion to a high standard and we are well a where of all the areas that we need to keep on top of such as Rendering and the time it takes to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment